Our teahouse and shop are open as usual, but we want to make you aware of the steps we have taken to safeguard our customers, our staff and our business against coronavirus.
A Few Changes For Our Teahouse:
- Contactless and card payments only. No cash payments if you can avoid it.
- We will not be refilling reusable cups. Our disposables are all compostable anyway. We ask you to please put your takeaway lids on yourself.
- Extra cleaning procedures for the shop are in place throughout the day.
- Extra cleaning procedures for staffs personal cleanliness.
- All of our food items are available for takeaway, as they always have been.
- Loose items such as sugar and teaspoons are available behind the counter.
- Please clear up your used tissues and napkins after yourself. Please don’t be offended if a member of staff calls you up on this!
- If you don’t feel well, or are suffering from symptoms of illness, please visit us another time.
A Few Changes To Our Online Shop:
We want to make it easier for you to get a hold of our teas, even if you would prefer to drink them at home. We have reduced our free courier delivery down to £20.00 (from the original £30). We will now also be offering free local delivery on orders of £15.00 or more (please see the map for the designated areas). Just choose the correct option at checkout.
What precautions are we taking when packing our teas for shipping?
Tea is a low risk product already and our packing machinery is designed to already minimise human contact with the tea. However we are taking extra steps to put your minds at ease. Our staff who handle the teas are well trained in hygiene procedures. Staff who are handling any product will participate in multiple daily health checks and we have also increased sanitation points for staff. We already have a 5 star hygiene certificate for our wholesale, retail and teahouse operations. W.H.O. reports indicate that the virus is also unable to survive on packages. You can find further information on the W.H.O. website: https://www.who.int/news-room/
To all of our customers, we wish you good health and hope to see you through our doors soon.
The Estate Tea Co team.